Monday, January 31, 2011

In the beginning

What is photography? Websters Dictionary describes photography as: The process or art of producing imaged of objects on sensitized surfaces by the chemical action of light or of other forms of radiant energy, as x-rays, gamma rays, or cosmic rays.

Sounds exciting doesn't it?

For many years I was satisfied with the results of my photography skills. Red eyes and out of focus, were the norm. Regardless of how much I spend on these fancy little digital point and shoot cameras, without the knowledge of how to property use the camera the results were always the same.



No my dog doesn't have lasers for eyes, as cool as that would be, this was becoming the norm with me and photography.



Enough is enough. It is time for a change, and that is the inspiration for this blog. You are going to have to bare with me, I am new to photography and blogging. I have given myself a goal of showing at least 1 photo a week. I plan to take many photos, as many as I can, and share with you both the best and worst. I am going to put myself out there. Critics I hope you are reading this. Be brutal, be honest.


I am going to have fun along the way. With so much to learn and so many people out there to draw from for inspiration, this is going to be a fun ride.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment